VALPARAISO IN CHILE TRAVEL REPORT.

 VALPARAISO IN CHILE IS MY DESTINY


After visiting Santiago de Chile, I go to the Pajaritos Terminal (there are 5 of them in the city) where I take a Bus of the Pullman Bus company to Valparaiso. I paid 3,500 Chilean Pesos for the one-way ticket, but keep in mind that several companies travel this route, charging rates of 2,500 Chilean Pesos depending on the time and day. For example, on holidays the prices are higher. On the bus I understood on seat no. 3 alongside a Chilean who has bronchitis. In 2 hours of travel, let's hope the flu didn't attack me. However, I'm the only foreigner on this packed but comfortable bus. I know the only Chilean who chews a little English, who once I arrive at the Rodoviario Terminal, located east of the city (the second largest in Chile), outside the center, gives me a great hand, to reach Plaza Sotomayor (the hub of Valparaiso). In fact, together with him I take a collective mini bus that stops only if you signal your willingness to get on by extending your arm. (the ticket is made by the driver and costs 300 Chilean Pesos). With that I reach the aforementioned square and from there in a short time the Millenium House Hostal, located in the historic center, under the Cerro Concepcion. In fact it is mandatory to face a staircase to reach it unfortunately. (cost including breakfast and free internet: 6,000 Chilean Pesos per day). I arrive at the hostel in the evening, I play and a lady opens up for me who seems to me to be a good fonna. I ask him in English if there is a bed for the night, but she doesn't answer me. Of course, she doesn't speak a word of English. It is the first time that it happens to me that the hostess does not speak English. And this excites me because it means that the place is quiet and in fact it is. It is just me, her, her beautiful dog and three Spanish girls who act as simultaneous translator for me, with the good voice, who despite her understanding nothing of what I say is very nice. She is one of those ladies you hope to meet at least once in your life. At this point I speak Italian with her and she understands me more. She makes my bed and she explains to me in Spanish where she is the kitchen, the bathroom, ect. Now that the three Spanish girls are out, they are alone in the whole hostel. Things that rarely happen in life. Let's say that it is one of the most beautiful hostels ever seen. It is really very nice and quiet, with soft music always present. Here too I found the bike rental (cost 1,000 Chilean Pesos every hour, including the helmet) and so my lucky moment continues. Tomorrow I don't know, but today I'm here, today I'm in Valparaiso, one of the most beautiful cities in Chile, full of stairs and hills (called Cerros). Tomorrow I will visit it from top to head and then I will leave for new emotions ...


VALPARAISO: AN IMPOSSIBLE UP AND DOWN FULL OF COLORFUL HOUSES


I leave the hostel with the rented bicycle, and I begin the visit of Valparaiso, a show of low and colored houses piled one above the other reached by avenues, very steep paths, elevators and funiculars. I venture on these terrible climbs, with a graziella bike with a very long relationship. Being able to use one knee, I soon planted myself and pushed the bike on foot to the Bellavista neighborhood. I almost died when I reach the top of Cerro Bellavista (where Pablo Neruda loved to spend his holidays) but from there with an incredible and panoramic half-coast alive with income taking advantage of the false flatlands of the place and thus reaching Cerro Alegre and Cerro Concepcion, the most beautiful part of the city. It is wonderful to walk these alleys of colored houses, where people in Spanish express their immense availability and always have a smile for me.


My complete travel report with map, photographs and videos is available at this link:

http://vivendosalendo.blogspot.com/2012/06/finalmente-le-foto-di-rio-de-janerio.html


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento