BUT WHAT A GREAT RIDE IN SANTIAGO DEL CHILE BY BICYCLE ..



After a good night's rest and a great breakfast I go out with my bike directly from the excellent hostel. (rental cost: half day 4,000 Chilean Pesos, full day: 7,000 Chilean Pesos, with helmet). The bike doesn't brake much; it is a pretty old graziella but what matters is that it has 2 wheels. I throw myself on the capital's 2-lane bike path, which runs zic zac, with a continuous up and down in the middle of Santiago's main street, Av Libertador Bernardo O'Higgins. I get confused among the few Chileans who use the bicycle and soon I settle down to the rhythms of Santiago, which does not appear too chaotic, but which has very strong pollution due to its location near the high Andes that do not let the air pass. The cycle path then ends and I soon adapt to this event by going up and down the very wide sidewalks, which are a little rough. I am wearing a helmet, because the Charterer provided it to me. It is the light one that runners use and this makes me feel like an athlete in the golden days. The center is not bad. You see some “Chilean” tourists, I presume. If you move slightly away from the center, however, the deterioration increases and the faces change becoming and give the idea of a standard of living with less well-being. Here, too, English is not widely used and the official language is Spanish. Santiago is not very busy and with my bicycle I feel at ease and so I ride the wave of enthusiasm for a while. People are always very helpful with me, providing me with the requested information in Spanish, quite understandable.


My complete travel report with map, photographs and videos is available at this link:

http://vivendosalendo.blogspot.com/2012/06/finalmente-le-foto-di-rio-de-janerio.html


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento