TRAVEL REPORT MARATHON - SOUNION - ATHENS (GREECE)

  

Once I arrive at Milan Central Station I take a bus to Malpensa. There are 2 companies that carry out the service at the same price: 10 Euros, one way, 16 Euros round trip. Departures every 20 minutes, journey time 45 minutes or more depending on traffic;

Easy Jet airline flight from Malpensa Terminal 2 to Eleftherios Venizelos Airport in Athens, at a price of Euro 67 including taxes, round trip;

From the Eleftherios Venizelos Airport in Athens, I take bus no. X95, which every 15 minutes leads in about 1 hour to Syntagmatos Square in Athens at the one-way price of Euro 5.00 (the ticket can be obtained just outside the terminal at the desk near the bus stop). There are also the train and the metro to reach the center of Athene at the price of Euro 8,00 one way.

From Syntagmatos Square in Athens, I take the metro at the price of 1.40 Euro one way. The ticket can be done bales at machines or at the ticket office. Be careful to get your ticket because checks are frequent;

I get off in Piazza Omonias where I walk for about 300 meters through one of the less recommendable neighborhoods of Athens and reach the Soho Hotel located in Via Menandrou. Very comfortable and clean hotel. 3 beds per room. Gigantic living room. Internet, coffee and you always free. Free bike rental. (there are 2 bikes available if they are not broken).

In the morning he takes me on foot again to Piazza Omonias, where at the metro station I get the Day ticket which is valid for 24 hours on the metro, bus, tram and trolley.

Then I take the metro to Syntagmatos Square and then walk to Via Amalias to look for the bus stop n. 24 which leads to Terminal B of the Liosion Buses. But I can't find the stop and by informing myself I understand that this stop has been canceled.

I then take the metro again and get off at Attiki. Leaving the same I walk about 200 meters. in a southerly direction, that is towards the center. So I finally reach the bus stop n. 24 for Terminal B of Liosion Buses. In the meantime, however, it got late and I missed the 7.30 bus to Delphi. The next one is at 10.30 (too late) and so I give up the visit to Delphi.

I take the metro again and get off in Piazza Victoria. I walk about 200 meters to take me to the Mavromateon Bus Station, located adjacent to the Areos Park and Egyptou Square.

I take the Bus to Marathon there (there is one every half hour or so). The ticket price is Euro 3.70 one way. We sit on the bus and then the young lady on the way comes to get the money. The journey takes a scant 1 hour and a half through the abundant 42 km. The bus makes many stops in many countries and also in different areas of Maratona.

Maratona is a small little tourist town.

From the center of Marathon, I take the bus to Athens there is one every half hour approximately). The ticket price is Euro 3.70 one way. We sit on the bus and then the young lady on the way comes to get the money. The journey takes a scant 1 hour and a half through the abundant 42 km. The bus makes many stops in many countries and also in different areas of Athens. The last stop is at the Mavromateon Bus Station, located adjacent to the Areos Park and Egyptou Square.

From the Mavromateon Bus Station, located adjacent to the Areos Park and Egyptou Square, I take the bus to Sounion (winter hours: 6.30, 8.30, 10.30, 12.30, 14.30, 16.30). The ticket price is € 6.70 one way. We sit on the bus and then the young lady on the way comes to get the money. The trip takes about 2 hours. The bus makes many stops in many countries and also in different areas of Athens. Sometimes in Anavissos you have to change the bus but the ticket remains valid.

The entrance to the archeology area of ​​the Temple of Poseidon in Sounion is located just 100 meters from the bus park. Cost of entry Euro 4. The panorama that can be enjoyed is exceptional.

From Sounion I take the bus to Athens via Lavrio (winter hours: 8.00, 10.00, 12.00, 14.00, 16.00, 18.00). The ticket price is Euro 1.70 one way. You sit on the bus and then during the journey the young lady comes to get the money or if she is not there you pay the driver when you get off. The journey takes about 30 minutes. The bus makes a few stops before stopping at about 300 meters. from the main square of Lavrio. I go down to visit it even if there is not much to see. Instead, it is an important port for the Islands.

 

From Lavrio I take the bus to Athens (there are several a day). The ticket price is € 4.90 one way. We sit on the bus and then the young lady on the way comes to get the money. The journey takes approximately 1 hour. The bus makes some stops in some countries (Keratea, Kalivia, Markopoulo, Koropoi, Peania, Stavros and also in different areas of Athens. The last stop is at the Mavromateon Bus Station, located adjacent to Areos Park and Egyptou Square. .

I go back to Soho Hotel located in Via Menandrou and the next day I visit Athens with the free bicycle of the hotel. I take my bike to the west entrance of the Arcopoli which is the main one. I tie up the bike and then buy the ticket which costs 12 euros but entitles you to access for 4 days as well as the Acropolis, also the Ancient Agora, the Roman Agora, the Ceramics, the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Theater of Dionysus.

Then on Sunday at 11.00 I go to see in front of the Parliament in Syntagmatos Square, the wonderful changing of the Guard.

Then from Syntagmatos Square in Athens, in Othonos Street I take bus no. X95, which every 15 minutes takes you to the Eleftherios Venizelos Airport in Athens every 15 minutes for a one-way price of Euro 5.00 (the ticket can be obtained at the desk near the bus stop). There are also the train and the metro to reach the Eleftherios Venizelos Airport in Athens at the price of Euro 8.00 one way.

Easy Jet airline flight from Eleftherios Venizelos Airport in Athens to Malpensa Terminal 2, at a price of Euro 67 including taxes, round trip.

 

 

My complete travel report with map, photographs and videos is available at this link:

http://vivendosalendo.blogspot.com/2013/07/viaggio-in-grecia-ad-atene-maratona.html

 

 

 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento