SOFIA TRAVEL REPORT.

  

On a hot day in June, from Orio al Serio (Bg), I take the plane of the low cost company Wizz Air at 1.25pm ​​which takes me at 4.25pm ​​to Sofia Airport in Bulgaria (there is an hour of time zone) . The price of a one-way ticket, including taxes, is 19.99 Euros.

I get off the aircraft, after the same, he had repeatedly expressed the feeling of not making it, thus dying before landing, while logically

beautiful Bulgarian by my side, who I had chosen as a traveling companion, like in the old days,

had given terrible signs of a heart attack following the above events and

after a roar of applause never heard before had welcomed

the non-trivial landing.

An impossible heat and mugginess welcome me back to Bulgaria after the freezing weather

last December.

By my side as always only impossibly beautiful Bulgarians came to

visit Italy or some Bulgarian super-hot accompanied by some Teedel

on duty who sought his fortune in Eastern Europe.

 

Nothing has changed since I left Sofia over 7 months ago.

This time, however, I move with more ease, thanks to my past experience and

very quickly I go to passport control with an identity card with

the stamp (even if I know that it is not always allowed), to pave the way for

posterity who will come here with the above document with renewal stamp.

 

I sacrifice myself for everyone and

I pass the airport customs without problems.

I go to my usual airport bank to change money but this time the lady incredibly denies me the change.

This is my thought: "but if you changed them 7 months ago ???? "

 

 I do not allow myself to be disheartened by events and

I take the usual bus n. 84 (cost 1 LEV) using the currency I had left over from the previous trip.

After about 40 minutes I get off at the east edge of the center (it's the closest stop and it's less than 1km from Alexander Nevsky Cathedral).

I quickly walk to the center where, after visiting it, I exchange 30 Euros at one of the many EXCHANGES.

Nothing has changed since December:

almost no tourists and only young people speak English.

I'm also looking for the postcard

with the stamp, but nothing to do: incredible, there are lots of postcards but not even

a stamp. Crazy stuff. I continue undeterred. I know it like the back of my pocket

Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria) and walk back to the usual bus station, located adjacent to the railway station, north of the city about 2 km from the center.

There I go to the usual counter no. 96, from the usual

Lady who logically does not recognize me.

Book

 

I book my ticket to Skopie (Macedonia) for 7.00 the next day (there are several minibis every day).

I'm still looking for stamps, still losing a few pieces of

cartilage of the knees and then I bend my head and, on the main road a few tens of meters south of the central train station, I take tram n. 7 (cost 1 lev. Remember to validate the ticket once you get on the bus), which comes from the east and runs south (even n. 4 and 6 initially follow the same route).

I get off at Makedonia Square and a few tens of meters west on Makedonia Boulevard n. 2nd, individual

the Hostel Mostel (minimum price: 6.90 Euros per night, including dinner, breakfast and free internet).

From the outside, the property appears dilapidated.

As indicated I find

the rusty iron door. Sound, I open the opsoleta door with difficulty.

Another world opens up to me: a wonderful wooden courtyard, a hostel full of

Young people.

The whole world seems to be here. I haven't walked in that door yet

already the beautiful girls who run the hostel bring me to the table.

They offer me right away

a full plate of pasta and a pint of light beer thankfully.

I don't have time to say that I preferred water, because I am overwhelmed by events.

I drink beer with difficulty and eat spicy pasta with as much effort.

It burns me

everything but I can.

Finished the pasta

immediately the girl of the hostel gives me the map of Sofia and explains me for 15

minutes what to do in Sofia.

She speaks fast English and sometimes I get lost but worse than me she understands

the Japanese who is traveling the world alone without knowing almost anything

English.

Ostes then leaves me alone with the Japanese girl. She hardly speaks anything

of English and she does not understand what I am asking.

But then she finally pulls me out

her map of her and here is her world tour in 5 months: Patagonia,

South America, Morocco, England, Spain, Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia,

Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Italy.

All this alone. Crazy stuff: what an extraordinary encounter. I fold it for a moment

head but then the Ostes looms.

I pay my 7 euros including dinner and

breakfast and then I am accompanied to the clean and tidy room.

Definitely the most beautiful Hostel I have ever seen.

Tomorrow a very hard day awaits me with a double bus and I arrive in Pristina,

city ​​symbol of the last Balkan war, where you can still breathe the smell

acrid of battle. Can't wait to be there.

But for now I'm here ...... without a stamp in spite of myself.


My complete travel report with map, photographs and videos is available at this link:

http://vivendosalendo.blogspot.com/2012/10/il-giro-dei-balcani-in-autobus-e-treno.html


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento