Zimbabwe Report Travel.

 

After visiting Katima Mulilo, I return to Kasane with the same taxi driver mentioned above. But this time I pay 90 Pula because I ask him to take me to the Kazungula border, between Botswana and Zimbabwe. I cross it on foot (about 400 meters).

The visa for Zimbabwe is taken at the border and costs 30 USD (you can also pay with Pula).

Several shared taxis take you to the center of Victoria Falls, to the address you want for the price of 70 Pula (1 hour short journey). They only leave when they are full.

I sleep at the Shoestrings Lodge in downtown Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe for the price of 11 USD (they also accept South African Pula and Rand) per night in a 4-person dormitory. There are also pitches for tents. There is a swimming pool, a bar, paid internet, a kitchen. In the evenings they sometimes do very nice shows for free. There are people from all over the world.

Victoria Falls on the Zimbabwe side can be reached from the center of Victoria Falls on foot (1.5km) or by taxi (USD 2, but you have to bargain). Entrance to Victoria Falls from the Zimbabwe side costs 30 USD, or 240 Rand, or 220 Pula, or 20 Pounds or 20 Euros. When there is the Full Moon there is a ticket that is valid both for the day and for the evening which costs 40 USD.

Victoria Falls from the Zimbabwe side (located near the border) are easily accessible on foot, not much walking. The only negative thing is that it almost always gets very wet from head to toe.

The next day with a taxi (USD 14 round trip, to be negotiated), I go to visit the Zambezi Nature Sanctuary (cost USD 5, including guided tour), where I see dozens of Crocodiles and a Lion and I watch the meal of the same.


My complete travel report with map, photographs and videos is available at this link:

http://vivendosalendo.blogspot.com/2016/10/viaggio-in-sudafrica-lesotho-swaziland.html


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento