Report travel in Chad: N'Djamena, Moundou, Sarh e Gaoui.

  

Turkish Airlines flight from Malpensa to N'Djamena (Chad), with a stopover at Istanbul Airport (Turkey). Return ticket price including taxes: Euro 720.29.

 

Having checked in online and having only hand luggage, only at the Malpensa Gate, before boarding the plane I was asked to show the mandatory visa to enter Chad.

 

Keep in mind that if you come from Italy, you can enter the transit area of ​​Istanbul Airport without going through the security check.

 

At Istanbul Airport (Turkey), before getting on the plane headed first to N'Djamena (Chad) and then to Kinshasa (Democratic Republic of Congo), I was asked to show the mandatory visa to enter Chad.

 

Chad time zone: Same time as in Italy, -1h when summer time is in force in Italy.

 

Chad entry visa: required. There is no Embassy of the Republic of Chad in Italy; the competent Embassies have the following contact details:

Chadian Embassy in Paris:

75116 PARIS 65, rue des Belles Feuilles

tel. +33 (0) 1. 4553.3675 fax: +33 (0) 1.4553.1609

email: ambassadedutchadparis@wanadoo.fr

Website: http://ambatchad-paris.org/

Chadian Embassy in Brussels:

Boulevard Lambermont, 52 1030 BRUSSELS

tel. +32. (0) 2.2151975 / 2151971 fax: +32. (0) 2.2163526

email: ambassade.tchad@chello.be

To obtain the tourist one, it is necessary to present the following documentation:

1. Visa form completed in all its parts and signed;

2. Passport valid for at least 6 months;

3. A recent passport photo on a white background;

4. Confirmation of hotel reservation in Chad for the entire duration of the stay;

5. Letter of invitation from the tourist agency in Chad proving the purchase of tourist services;

6. Photocopy of health card proving vaccination against yellow fever;

7. Consular fees of Euro 70, for a single entry with a maximum duration of 30 days, or Euro 100, for multiple entries with a maximum duration of 90 days;

 

As can be seen from the documentation listed above, obtaining a tourist visa for Chad on Europe is extremely difficult.

Therefore I decided to get the Chad visa in Africa, which is much faster and easier.

Then I went to the Embassy of the Republic of Chad in Brazzaville in Congo, located not far from that of Angola and Ghana, from the Institut Francais and from Place de la Republique, because here it is one of the easiest places in the world to obtain a tourist visa. And in fact, I showed up at 11.15 in the morning and presented 1 completed and signed form, 1 passport photo, the Hotel booking, the Airplane booking and 100,000 CFA in cash (this amount is for the urgency procedure, to obtain the Visa in day otherwise for the normal 3-day procedure the amount to be paid is 50,000 CFA). I waited until 3.30 pm, when I collected my passport with my tourist visa valid for 30 days from the date you declare you want to enter the country and the receipt of the amount I paid.

 

Another place where you can theoretically easily obtain a tourist visa in one day is at the Chad Embassy in Bangui, the capital of the Central African Republic. The same is located in the center, in the PK0 district, in Avenue du Colonel Conus, 150 mt. southwest of the Place de la Republique.

I sent an email to the Chad Embassy in Bangui at the following address: "tchadambassade_bangui@yahoo.fr", to ask for information on how to obtain a tourist visa and then I report below the correspondence in English between me and the Embassy of Chad:

MY 1st EMAIL

E_MAIL: tchadambassade_bangui@yahoo.fr

SUBJECT: Tourist VISA Chad.

Good evening, I’m Italian Citizien and I’d like to ask any information: Can I get the Tourist Visa on your Ambassy in Bangui. If yes How long the procedure? How much it cost? Which document must I bring? Which is your Adderes in Bangui? Which is your Openin Hours CHAD Embassy in Bangui?

Thank you so much.

Regards

Riccardo from Italy.

 

THE 1st REPLY EMAIL FROM THE CHAD EMBASSY

On 3 June at 13.46 Tchad Ambassade <tchadambassade_bangui@yahoo.fr> wrote:

 

 

Good morning,

 

Our Embassy adress in Bangui is PKO in downtown. We start to work at 8:00 am until 03:00 pm

We need for VISA:

-2 ID card

-1 birth certificate legalized and diplomas

-1 nationality certificate

-1 medical certificate

The cost depends on your duration: if short trip 1 month is 50.000f cfa,

or long stay 3 month is 76.000f cfa.

 

MY 2nd EMAIL

Good Morning

Thank you.

I can get 1 birth certificate and nationality certificate, but in Italian Language or I can declare in english language that I'm born in Italy and I'm resident in Italy. But my Italian Passport is not sufficent? In my passport there is written that I'm born in Italy and I'm resident in Italy.

Thank you

Regards

 

Regards

 

THE 2nd REPLY EMAIL OF THE CHAD EMBASSY

Subject: Tourit Visa of Chad in Bangui.

Tchad Ambassade <tchadambassade_bangui@yahoo.fr> ()

15:10 - 03 June

To monteorsaro@libero.it

 

Good morning,

It would be better to get closer to the embassy.

Regards.

 

Chad languages: Arabic, French and Sudanese dialects.

 

Chad religions: animist, Protestant, Muslim and Catholic;

 

Chad currency: CFA franc.

 

Once you arrive, at Juba International Airport, located just 3 km north of the center of the capital, after having experienced a fever, you must fill out the entry form to the country and then go to the border staff desk, where they check you. the visa, they ask you where you are staying, they take your fingerprints, take a picture of you, thus obtaining the entry stamp quite quickly. Then afterwards, you have to show the Yellow fever booklet.

Subsequently, after having collected the baggage, you must submit to the same control.

 

Outside the airport, where taxis are posted, a guy changed my money at the following exchange rate: 1 Euro = 665 CFA.

 

From N'Djamena-Hassan Djamous Airport, located just 2 km north of Place de La Nation, in the center of the capital, I took a taxi at the price of 5,000 CFA to reach the Center d'accueil de Kabalaye, located in Ave de Bezo , 500 mt. south - east of the Grande Mosquée of N'Djamena.

 

In truth, it is possible to walk for a few hundred meters until you are outside the airport area and take a motorcycle taxi for the price of 500 CFA.

 

Keep in mind that if you want to take photographs in Chad, but especially in N'Djamena, where there is a lot of police even in civilian clothes, you need to have a permit from the Ministry, which is granted after a few days, otherwise if is caught by the police taking pictures, you could get in trouble.

 

In N'Djamena, I slept at the Center d'accueil de Kabalaye (telephone: +235/66767668), located in Ave de Bezo, 500 meters. south-east of the Grande Mosquée of N'Djamena, at the price of 16,000 CFA, for a single room, with fan, television, shared bathroom, mosquito net and breakfast. The reception staff also don't speak English. There is security staff who guard the structure 24 hours a day. Excellent value for money in a city where hotels cost a lot.

 

Through the Center d'accueil de Kabalaye, I took a taxi, at a cost of 4,000 CFA (a large jab) at 4.30 in the morning to reach the STTL Bus station, located in the Dembe district, in the south-east of the capital.

 From there I took the STTL Company Bus at a price of 15,000 CFA, departing at 5.30 am, to reach the town of Sarh, located in the far south of the country. The Agence de Voyage company also carries out the same service at more or less similar prices.

The journey took almost 18 hours. The bus made numerous stops to get passengers off, to fulfill physiological needs, to eat and to pray. In addition, due to a small accident on our bus, we lost almost 2 hours to carry out the necessary investigations.

 

The road about 800 km long passes through the great city of Moundou. The same road from N'Djamena to Kelo is in poor condition (large holes, dirt sections), while from Kelo to Sarh it is in good condition (all good quality asphalt).

 

There are a few checkpoints along the way, but no one has ever checked my passport.

The aforementioned bus ends its journey at the STTL Bus station in Sarh, located in the center at about 200 meters. by Cinema Rex.

From there I took a motorcycle taxi for the price of 500 CFA, to reach the Auberge Beausejour, located in Route de Bangui, Kassai Residentiel district, in the southern suburbs of Sarh.

In Sarh, I slept at Auberge Beausejour (tel: +235/66281815, +235/99656503), located in Route de Bangui, Kassai Residentiel district, in the southern suburbs, for the price of 16,000 CFA, for a single room, with air conditioning, television, private bathroom, mosquito net. The Hotel Owner speaks English. There is security staff who guard the facility 24 hours a day. Good value for money.

 

From there I took a motorcycle taxi at the price of 500 CFA, to reach the STTL Bus station in Sarh, located in the center at about 200 meters. from Cinema Rex and later the Sarh Regional Museum, located in Avenue Kaskanaye.

Please note that the Sarh Regional Museum is open from Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 15.00.

 

In Sarh I walked around the city: I went to the Chari River near the former Hotel Safari, then to the Cathédrale, then to the Marché Central and finally to the Rex Cinema.

 

From Sarh, the STTL Company Bus leaves at 3.00 am for N'Djamena. Other companies such as Agence de Voyage, cover the same route with departure until 5.00 in the morning.

 

Then there are buses that leave in the early afternoon.

 

I took the STTL Company Bus at the price of 12.500 CFA (I bought the ticket in the morning), leaving at 14.00, to reach N'Djamena. The Agence de Voyage company also carries out the same service at more or less similar prices.

The journey took about 16 hours. The bus made numerous stops for the fulfillment of physiological needs, to eat and to pray. I arrived in the capital at 6.00 in the morning.

 

In N'Djamena, I hired a motorcycle taxi at the price of 3,300 CFA, per hour to visit the capital and precisely:

• Rond Point Aigle;

• Rond Point Centenaire;

• Hilton Hotel;

• Institut Francais;

• Rond Point la Fontaine;

• Rond Point Mairie (I tipped 500 CFA, to the Policemen to allow me to take some pictures);

• Cathedral (closed for restoration);

• Place de la Nation (I tipped 1,000 CFA to the Policemen to allow me to take some pictures);

• Rond Point Tresor;

• Place de la grande Armee;

• Rond Point Aeroport;

 

 

Keep in mind, that if you don't want to go to jail or anything worse, don't even think about trying to take a picture of the highly guarded Presidential Palace, located on Rue du Colonel Moll, just south of the Cathedral.

 

While I was in Ave Charles de Gaulle, a policeman in Borghese, or presumed such, surprised me and took pictures and then forced me to follow him to the nearest police station, located 50 meters away. south - east of the Grande Mosquée. There they made me talk to several policemen, they checked the photographs taken and my passport with the visa. In the end, after about an hour, they let me go, but they ordered me to go to the Ministry the next day to ask for the necessary Permit.

 

Then, just east of the Grande Mosquée, there are some guys who change currency at the following exchange rate: 1 Euro = 720 CFA.

 

From the Grande Mosquée in N'Djamena I took a motorbike taxi which, at a price of 800 CFA, took me to the Musée National located in the Amriguibe district, in the north-east of the capital.

 

For admission to the Musée National, I was initially asked for 10,000 CFA, but in the end I paid 5,000 CFA.

 

Initially the Keeper forbade me to take videos and photographs, but in the end I convinced him to allow me to do so.

 

From the Musée National, I took a motorcycle taxi which, at the price of 1,000 CFA, took me to the Village of Gaoui, located about 14 km north-east from the center of the capital, along a dirt road.

 

As soon as we arrived at the Village of Gaoui, a Lord reached me and at the price of 5,000 CFA (in truth, initially he had me these 10,000 CFA), he opened the Museum and guided me in his visit and then took me to visit the Village. To this sum I had to pay 2,000 CFA, to see the women who made the vases and 1,000 CFA as a donation to the community.

 

In this village I was able to take all the photographs I wanted without any problem.

 

 

From the Village of Gaoui, I took a motorcycle taxi (the same driver as the outward journey and who waited for me for the duration of my visit) which, for the price of 1,000 CFA, took me to the N'Djamena-Hassan Djamous Airport, located About 14 km north - east from the center of the capital.

 

Before entering the Airport Hall, you have to go through a security check, then you have to check in, then you have to fill out the form to leave the country, then at the desk get the exit stamp from the country, then there is the security check with the scanner and then you have to go through 2 other hand baggage checks performed on sight.

 

Flight of the Turkish Airlines Company from N'Djamena (Chad) to Malpensa, with a technical stop (without getting off the plane) in Kinshasa (Democratic Republic of Congo) and with a stop at Istanbul Airport (Turkey). Return ticket price including taxes: Euro 720.29.

 

Keep in mind that if you are coming from Africa, to enter the transit area of Istanbul Airport you must go through security.

 

My complete travel report with map, photographs and videos is available at this link:

https://vivendosalendo.blogspot.com/2019/11/travel-in-chad-ndjamena-moundou-sarh-e.html

 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento