How to obtain and register a tourist visa for Sudan

 

Tourist entry visa: required, to be requested at the Embassy of Sudan in Rome, following the following procedure:

Complete and fax the visa application form.

Attach a passport valid for at least (6) months.

Attach two passport photos.

• Rates: € 70.00 Italian passport. They can be paid in cash by bank transfer.

• The presentation of the visa takes place through the Sudanese tourist companies and its issue takes place through the Ministry of the Interior of Sudan - Section "Borders and Foreign Citizens".

• The Visa can also be presented through Italian tourist agencies such as: I Viaggi di Maurizio Levi etc ...

The expected time for issuing the visa is two to four weeks.

 

As can be seen from the documentation listed above, obtaining a tourist visa for Sudan in Europe is extremely difficult.

Therefore I decided to get the Sudan visa in Africa, which is much faster and easier.

Then I went to the Sudan Embassy in Bangui in the Central African Republic, because here is one of the easiest places in the world to get a tourist visa. And in fact I showed up at 9.30 in the morning and presented 1 completed and signed form, 2 passport photos, a photocopy of the Passport, a photocopy of the hotel reservation made through "Expedia" and 150,000 CFA in cash (the correct price was 60,000 CFA, but the smart clerk took 150,000 CFA saying mine was a 3 month visa, but it wasn't true). I waited at the Embassy and at 13.00 I collected my passport with the tourist visa, valid for 2 months from the date of issue with the possibility of staying in Sudan for 1 month. The problem that got me wrong is when it expired before I entered the country and then I had to go back to the Embassy and they extended my visa for 20 days, until just past the expiration date of my trip.

 

Keep in mind that another place where it is easy to get a visa easily is Aswan in Egypt, where you can get it in 2 or 3 days by submitting the completed form, 2 passport photos and $ 150 in cash.

 

This leads to the immigration office of Sudan, where by presenting my passport with the visa and the completed form for entry to the country, in a few minutes I get the entry stamp.

Keep in mind that the foreigner (holder of an ordinary passport) is required to declare his presence to the competent authority (Alien Registration Office) within three days of his entry into the country in the following cities: Khartoum, Porto Sudan, Dongola, Wadi Halfa and the land border post of Qustul between Egypt and Sudan, by presenting a photocopy of the passport, that of the visa with the entry stamp, a specific form completed and 550 SDGs in cash. I registered in about 1 hour, here at the Qustul land border post between Egypt and Sudan. The aforementioned photocopies were made for me free of charge by the border personnel who were extremely kind to me.

Please note that the aforementioned registration occupies one page of the Passport.

 

My complete travel report with map, photographs and videos is available at this link:

 https://vivendosalendo.blogspot.com/2020/03/viaggio-seguendo-il-fiume-nilo-in.html

 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento