Report travel Cameroon part IV: Douala, Limbe and Idenau.


  
From the N5 road in Bandjouna, minibuses are constantly passing direct to Douala. The cost of the ride is 4,000 CFA. The journey lasted 6 hours.
Discreet street. Many checkpoints, but no one checked my Passport.
The aforementioned minibus has finished its run in Douala near the roundabout of the Nouvelle Libertè, in the district of Deido, 3 km abundant north-east of the central and rich district of Bonanjo.
From there I took a bike taxi for 500 CFA, which took me to the Center d'Accueil Missionaire.
In Douala, I stayed at the Center d'Accueil Missionaire, located in the infamous district of Akwa. The cost per night for a double room, with beautiful and spacious porch, with air conditioning, en-suite bathroom with hot water and without wifi is 15,000 CFA.
In Douala, I rented a bike taxi for 3,000 CFA for a couple of hours to visit the district of Bonanjo, the richest in Duala, and then to take me to the Deido district and precisely in Rue Bonamoudourou (n. 1.776), near the Eglise Evangelique de Deido, where they leave when cars are full for Lombe. I had to wait more than an hour before leaving.
The collective taxi from Douala to Limbe, I paid 2,000 CFA. The ride lasted about 1 hour and a half.
The paved road is in good condition, but there are plenty of checkpoints. On one occasion I had to show my passport without incurring further problems.
The aforementioned collective taxi has finished its journey in the north-east area of ​​Limbe.
 From there I took a motobike taxi for 200 CFA, which took me to the Wildlife Center, located west of Limbe, which is basically a Zoo where Gorillas live and many other Primates and Crocodiles and Pythons. The entrance fee is 3,000 CFA.
From there I walked on the road for 500 meters. approximately on the main road in an easterly direction thus reaching the Limbe Botanical Gardens whose entrance costs 3,000 CFA.
In front of the same there is the parking of collective taxis bound for Idenau. They leave when they are full. I waited about 30 minutes. The journey costs 1,500 CFA and lasts less than 1 hour.
The paved road is in good condition. There is a police checkpoint, where I had to go down. There they checked my passport, asked me some questions, but they didn't ask me for money.
The aforementioned collective taxi has finished its journey in the Taxi Car Park, located 2 km south of the center of Idenau.
From there I took a motobike taxi for 200 CFA, which took me to the port of Idenau.
Keep in mind that as of today, due to the Civil War species in progress in the English-speaking territories of southwestern Cameroon, the land border post of Ekok, between Cameroon and Nigeria, remains closed to foreigners and therefore the best choice for going to Nigeria from the Cameroon is to take a boat from Idenau.
From the port of Idenau, several boats leave for Oron and Calabar in Nigeria every day. There are several companies that offer this service, but I relied on Big J Shipping Service, at a cost of 18,000 CFA. The ideal is to leave early in the morning, but I showed up at 1:00 pm and then I had to travel in a boat full of goods with rain pouring down.
Before leaving the employee of the Big J Shipping Service Company, he accompanied me on foot to the Immenau Immigration Office, located on the main street at 150 mt. from the port, where I easily got the exit stamp from Cameroon on my Passport.
Then, before getting on the boat, I had to submit my passport to a further successful check.
The boat trip from Idenau (Cameroon) to Oron (Nigeria) lasted about 3 hours.
The description of the trip complete with the map, photographs and videos is available at this link: https://vivendosalendo.blogspot.com/2019/07/viaggio-in-gabon-libreville-lambarene.html

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento