Report travel Cameroon part III: Foumban, Bafoussam, Bandjoun.



From the Embassy district called Nlongkak (in the northern suburbs of the capital), I took a collective taxi to Etoudi, located in the northern suburb of Yaoundé, for the price of 500 CFA.
From there I took a minibus to Foumban, for the price of 7,000 CFA. In truth, once I arrived in Bangangte, after 5 hours of travel, I had to get off and take another minibus to Foumban, even though I didn't have to pay anything extra.
If the road from Yaoundè to Bangangte is entirely paved in good condition, the road from Bangangte to Foumbot is almost completely unpaved but in good condition, while the stretch from Foumbot to Foumban is also paved in good condition.
In Foumban, the minibus left me at the bus station located on the southwestern outskirts of the city.
From there I took a motobike taxi for 300 CFA, which took me to the Hotel Pekassa de Karchè.
In Foumban, I stayed at the very central Hotel Pekassa de Karchè, located on the Main Street just 200 meters away. from the Royal Palace and the Central Market. The cost per night for a double room, with fan, en-suite bathroom with water in buckets and without wifi is 15,000 CFA.
The Royal Museum was still closed but to take photographs outside I had to pay 1,000 CFA.
Then they asked me for 500 CFA, illegally to take photographs outside the Royal Palace.
Then I paid 1,000 CFA, to be able to visit the interior of the Grand Mosquee and to be able to climb the Minaret and enjoy a beautiful view.
To visit the inside of the Royal Palace instead I had to pay 2,500 CFA, which includes the compulsory guide who also speaks in English and also a visit to the Ceremonial Drum House, near the Central Market. Keep in mind that inside the Royal Palace you can't shoot videos, but you can take 10 photographs even if I have taken about fifty.
From there I took a motobike taxi for 300 CFA, which took me to the Bus station located on the southwestern outskirts of the city.
From there I took a minibus to Bafoussam, for the price of 1,000 CFA. The run lasted about 1 hour.
The aforementioned minibus finished the race in the north-east area of ​​Bafoussam, in a side street of Rue Descente Famla, one step away from Place Felix Roland Moumie.
From there I walked to the Central Market and then Piazza PLace Ouandè Ernest.
From there I took a bike taxi for 150 CFA, which took me to the courthouse.
From there I walked a few hundred meters until I reached Place du Independance.
From there I took a bike taxi for 250 CFA, which took me to the collective taxi stand, located on the southern outskirts of Bafoussam.
There at the time of my arrival there were no collective taxis leaving for Bandjoun, 15 km further south, but just stop one on the adjacent main road.
The same took me to the center of Bandjoun in scarce 20 minutes for the price of 500 CFA.
From there I took a bike taxi for 800 CFA, which took me to the Chefferie of Bandjouna (2 km scarce south of the center) and then waited for me for the time necessary to visit it and finally took me to the main road where Minibuses go directly to Douala.

The cost to visit the inside of the Bandjouna Chefferie is 2,000 CFA, plus 1,000 CFA, for the use of the camera. Keep in mind, however, that photographs can only be taken outside the structure.
The description of the trip complete with the map, photographs and videos is available at this link: https://vivendosalendo.blogspot.com/2019/07/viaggio-in-gabon-libreville-lambarene.html

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento