Report travel Central African Republic in Bangui and Boali.

 

Royal Air Maroc airline flight from Malpensa to Bangui (Central African Republic), with a stopover at Mohammed V Airport in Casablanca (Morocco) and a technical stop (without getting off the plane) at Douala in Cameroon. Return ticket price including taxes: Euro 1,001.48).

 

Having checked in online and having only hand luggage, only at the Malpensa Gate, before boarding the plane I was asked to show the mandatory visa to enter the Central African Republic.

 

Time zone: Same time as in Italy, -1h when summer time is in force in Italy.

 

Entry visa: required. There is no Embassy of the Central African Republic in Rome; the competent Embassy is located in Paris, 30 rue des Perchamps 75016 tel: (+33) 1 55747310 - (+33) 1 45253974.

To obtain the tourist one, it is necessary to present the following documentation:

1. Visa form - completed in all its parts and signed

2. Passport valid for at least 6 months

3. Two recent passport photos on a white background

4. Confirmation of the hotel reservation, stamped and signed by the Hotel located in the Central African Republic and certified by a local authority, or an original letter of invitation from the person / body / company / NGO located in the Central African Republic.

5. Flight tickets or return flights operating

6. Photocopy of the health card proving the vaccination against yellow fever

7. Consular rights

Obtaining a Hotel Booking Confirmation, stamped and signed by the Hotel located in the Central African Republic and certified by a local authority, or an original letter of invitation from the person / organization / company / NGO located in the Central African Republic, is truly difficult.

Therefore I decided to take the Central African Republic Visa abroad, which is cheaper and easier.

So I went to the Embassy of the Central African Republic in Yaoundé in Cameroon, because here is the easiest place in the world to get a tourist visa. And in fact I showed up at 9.00 in the morning and presented 2 completed and signed forms, 2 passport photos, a photocopy of the Yellow Fever booklet and 150,000 CFA in cash (130,000 CFA for the normal procedure (issued in 2 days), in addition to 20,000 CFA for the urgent procedure to obtain the same day visa). This is the price to obtain the tourist visa valid for 3 months from the date of issue. If you are interested in a tourist visa for 1 month from the date of issue, the price to be paid is as follows: 70,000 CFA in cash (50,000 CFA for the normal procedure (issued in 2 days), in addition to 20,000 CFA for the urgent procedure for obtaining a visa on the same day). At 11.30 I returned to the Embassy and collected my passport with my tourist visa affixed.

 

Languages: French and Sango are the official languages; there are about 80 native dialects.

 

Religions: Christians (80% of which 50% Protestants and 30% Catholics); Muslims (10%); animists (10%);

 

Currency: CFA franc.

 

At the Mohammed V Airport in Casablanca (Morocco), even though I was in the transit area, before entering it, I had to undergo a security check.

 

Once you arrive, at 8.30 (an hour late), at the Aéroport Bangui M'Poko, located 5 km north-west of the center of the capital, after having tried the fever, you must show the yellow fever booklet, you have to fill in the entry form to the country and then go to the border staff desk. There they check your Visa and affix your entry stamp. Then you have to go to the desk just behind where your visa is registered. Subsequently, after having collected the baggage, you must submit to the same control.

 

From the Bangui M'Poko Airport, located 4 km north-west of Bangui Center, I took a taxi at the price of 3,500 CFA to reach the Embassy of Sudan, located in Avenue des Martyrs, 200 meters. north - west of the Barthelemy Boganda Stadium and the Place des Martyrs. If you walk 100 meters. beyond the airport you can find a motor bike for the price of 1,000 CFA to reach the city center.

I went to the Sudan Embassy in Bangui in the Central African Republic, because here is one of the easiest places in the world to get a tourist visa. And in fact I showed up at 9.30 in the morning and presented 1 completed and signed form, 2 passport photos, a photocopy of the Passport, a photocopy of the hotel reservation made through "Expedia" and 150,000 CFA in cash (the correct price was 60,000 CFA, but the smart clerk took 150,000 CFA saying mine was a 3 month visa, but it wasn't true). I waited at the Embassy and at 13.00 I collected my passport with the tourist visa, valid for 2 months from the date of issue with the possibility of staying in Sudan for 1 month. The problem that got me wrong is when it expired before I entered the country and then I had to go back to the Embassy and they extended my visa for 20 days, until just past the expiration date of my trip.

 

Keep in mind that if you want to take photographs in the Central African Republic, but especially in Bangui, where there is a lot of police even in civilian clothes and many UN soldiers, you need to have an authorization from the Ministry, otherwise if you come get caught, well that you go you will have to pay at least 5,000 CFA, a tip to avoid being reported. If you go wrong you can end up in jail.

 

From the Embassy of Sudan in Bangui, I walked for 200 meters. until you reach the Barthelemy Boganda Stadium. I entered without problems. It was a weekday and there were few people inside who were training. From the highest part of the stands you can enjoy an excellent view of the Piazza dei Martiri below.

 

Then I took a motor taxi for the price of 200 CFA, to reach the Levy's Hotel.

 

In Bangui, I slept at Hotel Levy's (Website: www.levyhotel.com. Email: hotel-levy's@yahoo.fr, telephones: +23621616619, +23675506683, +23675501470, +23675506684, located on Avenue Barthelemy Boganda , in the center, at the price of 15,000 CFA, for a single room, with air conditioning, fan, television, private bathroom, poor wifi, in the hotel lobby, mosquito net. The reception staff also speaks English. There is the security staff who guard the facility 24 hours a day. Excellent value for money in a city where hotels cost a lot.

 

At the reception of the Levy's Hotel, it is possible to change money at the following exchange rate: 1 Euro = 650 CFA.

 

Through Hotel Levy's I rented a car with driver (who speaks French only) at a cost of 55,000 CFA per day, over 3,000 CFA tip (from 6.00 to 16.00), including fuel, to visit the Capital and the Falls of Boali, 70 km north-west of Bangui.

 

The section of road number RN1 between Bangui and Boali is probably the safest in the whole country. Normally, if you travel during the day there are no particular dangers. The asphalt is also in fair condition.

 

The only problem is the police checkpoints: the first they let me pass without asking me anything, the second they asked my driver for money. Instead they told me that I had a visa but not a residence permit and this was a big problem that could be solved by giving them 20,000 CFA. Eventually I started crying and only gave him 5,000 CFA.

 

At the third roadblock they asked my driver for money. Instead they told me that I had to pay 5,000 CFA if I wanted to go through there. Eventually I started to cry and only gave him 3,000 CFA.

 

Once in the southern outskirts of Boali, to reach the Falls, you need to turn right and drive along 5 km of dirt road in good condition.

 

Once we arrived at the Boali Falls, 5 boys accompanied me on their visit without my having asked them anything and at the end of the visit they wanted 10,000 CFA. I only wanted to give them 2,000 CFA, but they threatened me to go to the police if I didn't pay them. In the end, I gave him 5,000 CFA.

 

Entrance to the falls costs 1,000 CFA.

 

There is a concrete path with stairs and viewing platforms that allows a good view of the falls, but if you want to get the best photographs, you need to go to the valley of the same, along a short steep, steep and very slippery path. Once you get to the base of the falls, the wet rocks are so slippery that it is very difficult to remain standing.

 

Once back on the RN1 road, by car we turned right to reach the center of Boali. To do this, however, it is necessary to overcome another roadblock where, however, they did not ask me for money.

 

In the center of Boali I visited the Catholic and Protestant Churches.

 

On my return to Bangui I had to overcome the 4 roadblocks already faced in the first leg, but this time nobody asked me for money.

 

Once back in Bangui I visited:

 

1. Peace Monument, in Place Marabena;

2. Place des Martyrs;

3. Place des Nations Unies;

4. Place de la Republique in PK0;

5. Place du Cinquantenaire;

6. Musee National Barthelemy Boganda, (open from Monday to Friday from 7.30 to 15.00);

7. Cathedrale Notre Dame, where the Pope opened the Holy Door;

8. University of Bangui;

9. Oubangui Hotel: I asked for permission at the reception to go up to the 12th and last floor to take pictures of the Ubangui River, which divides the Central African Republic from the Democratic Republic of Congo. They granted it to me but forced me to walk up the security iron stairs located outside the building. To get off, however, I took the elevator. Then I went to the Hotel Bar where there are benches and tables to relax and enjoy a great view of the Oubangui River. Be careful to take pictures here as there are military posts not far from the Bar.

 

From the Levy's Hotel I took a motor taxi for the price of 1,000 CFA, to reach the Bangui M'Poko Airport, located 5 km north-west of Bangui Center.

 

Before entering the Airport Hall, you must undergo a security check, then you must check in, then you must fill out the form to exit the country, then at the desk get the exit stamp from the country, then there is the security check with the scanner and then another 2 of the hand luggage.

 

Flight of the Royal Air Maroc Company from Bangui (Central African Republic) to Malpensa, with a 17-hour stopover at Casablanca's Mohammed V Airport (I would have been entitled to a Room in the Hotel, including dinner and breakfast, offered by the Royal Air Maroc Company, but I didn't know so I spent the night in the cold airport). Return ticket price including taxes: Euro 1,001.48.

 

My complete travel report with map, photographs and videos is available at this link: https://vivendosalendo.blogspot.com/2019/10/travel-in-repubblica-centrafricana.html

 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento