How to get a Visa for the Democratic Republic of Congo.



Entry visa: necessary, to be requested at the Angola diplomatic / consular offices present in Italy or abroad. At the Embassy of the Democratic Republic of the Congo in Rome, they do not issue Transit Visas.
To obtain the tourist one for the DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO, at the Embassy in Rome, it is necessary to present the following documentation:
1. Dem. Congo Rep. Visa Form - filled in all its parts and signed below (I can download it from the internet)
2. Passport valid for at least 6 months
3. Two recent photo cards on a white background
4. Confirmation of hotel booking, stamped and signed by the Hotel located in the Democratic Republic of Congo and attested by a local authority in the DRC or an original letter of invitation from the person / organization / company / NGO located in the Rep. Dem. Of Congo, endorsed in loco by the Directorate General of Immigration.
5. Air or operating tickets for return flights
6. Photocopy Health card proving vaccination against yellow fever
7. Consular fees: Euro 117
Timetable for issuing a tourist visa: 10 days, for the normal procedure.
Obtain a confirmation of the hotel reservation, stamped and signed by the Hotel located in the Democratic Republic of Congo and attested by a local authority in the DRC or an original letter of invitation from the person / entity / company / NGO located in the Rep. Dem. Of Congo, endorsed locally by the Directorate General of Immigration, is really difficult. I tried to contact several hotels via the "Booking.com" website, but only one of them replied to me, namely the Hotel Poor Vous in Kinshasa, which replied in English: "Legalizing of the reservation is done by Hotel de Ville (City Hall) which they charge as well $ 80 USD. Just to make sure, last time they did the legalized reservation. To avoid expenses I would prefer if you CAN get the Prize en charge (letter of invitation) from the DGM immigration DRC (with 5 business days) for a safe 100% confirmed route of the visa on time at your country. It's your choice though the costs are involved in it $ 150 for Prize en charge and Legalized document for $ 80 USD, with a payment in advance payable by PayPal ”.
In the end, however, I decided to take a visa for the DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO abroad, which is less expensive and easier.
So I went to the Embassy of the Democratic Republic of the Congo in Yaounde in Cameroon in Cameroon, because here is one of the easiest places in the world to get a tourist visa. And in fact I showed up at 12.00 in the morning and upon presentation of 1 completed and signed form and 2 ID photos, I would be issued a tourist visa in 2 days, but I refused as I had no time to wait that long. For the payment of the Consular Rights I honestly did not ask how much I would have had to pay to get it.

So I went to the Embassy of the Democratic Republic of the Congo in Cotonou in Benin, located in the Cadjehou district, on Rue 12.279, not far from Cadjehou International Airport because here is the easiest place in the world to get a transit visa . And in fact I showed up at 8.45 am and presented 1 completed and signed form, 1 passport photo, Hotel booking and 15,000 CFA in cash. This is the price for obtaining a transit visa valid for 8 days from the date on which you declare that you wish to enter the country. At 14.30 I returned to the Embassy and I withdrew my Passport with my transit visa affixed.

My complete travel report with map, photographs and videos is available at this link: http://vivendosalendo.blogspot.com/2019/10/travel-in-angola-luanda-miradouro-da.html


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento